Note: These instructions do not apply to the Forcina Hall legacy wireless network.
- Install your wireless card according to the vendor instructions.
- Use the vendor utility to configure your wireless card, or use the built-in wireless configuration tool supplied with your operating system (e.g. Windows)
- Select Wireless-at-TCNJ, Wireless-at-TCNJ2 or Wireless-at-TCNJ3 for the SSID, ESSID or wireless network setting.
- Choose 128-bit WEP encryption and enter the WEP security key. You will need to use a computer that already has network access in order to retrieve the WEP key from the TCNJ WEP Key website (the site will ask you for your TCNJ Unix/email login and password to verify your identity).
- Save this configuration. Your wireless card should now “associate” with a TCNJ wireless access point if one is nearby.
- Launch a web browser and go to any website URL (such as www.tcnj.edu). You should get redirected to the Wireless@TCNJ login screen. If you don’t get the login screen, try clicking the Reload button in your browser since the current page may have been cached by the browser.
- Enter your TCNJ/Unix email login and password at the login screen.
- If successful, the login screen will redirect you to the web site that was originally requested.
- You can now use other applications such as your email program, instant messenger program, etc. You do not need to keep your web browser open to remain connected. It is only needed for the initial authentication.
- If you’re computer is outside the range of the wireless network (or if it is turned off) for more than 30 minutes, you will need to re-authenticate before continuing.
While there is no wireless login, this network is still subject to the NAC login and access policies.