Instructions for TCNJ Guests
You should contact your TCNJ Sponsor for a guest login and password.
- Select the Guest-at-TCNJ3 wireless network. There is no encryption (e.g. WEP, WPA, etc.) on the guest networks. Guests are encouraged to use VPN or SSL protected (e.g. https://) sites when working with sensitive data.
- Launch your web browser and go to a web site such as http://nts.pages.tcnj.edu/wireless/. You should be redirected to the wireless login page. If not, select another site that you have not visited recently since frequently visited sites may reside in your browser’s cache.
- Enter the guest login and password provided to you by your TCNJ Sponsor.
- You should now be able to access off-campus http:// or https:// websites. Common on-campus websites like http://www.tcnj.edu/ are also available, but most other resources are not accessible to clients on the guest wireless network.
- You do not need to keep your browser open to remain logged in. Once you are out of range of the wireless network, you will automatically be logged out.
Instructions for TCNJ Sponsors
TCNJ Sponsors (i.e. TCNJ faculty and staff) should contact the Help Desk prior to their campus activity to obtain guest wireless network availability and login/password information. The Help Desk can be reached at 609-771-2660 or via email@example.com. Visit the Help Desk website for their hours of operation.
TCNJ Sponsors are responsible for providing their guests with the “Instructions for TCNJ Guests” (see above). This can be done by printing this page and providing it at the beginning of your campus activity. Alternately, an email with a link to this page can be sent to the guests prior to the activity.
If wireless networking is critical to the success of your activity, you should test guest access 2 or more business days prior to your activity. This will give IT sufficient time to answer any questions or troubleshoot any access issues you encounter.
Most on-campus resources are not available from the guest wireless network for security reasons. On-campus websites that use standard web URLs are available. If you have a question as to whether a particular on-campus website is available, please contact the Help Desk.