Disable cellular data. There are two ways to do this.
- Turn on Airplane mode. Then turn on WiFi. This will leave cellular data off while allowing wireless connections.
** OR **
- Turn off “Mobile data”. This option is found in the settings menu, usually under the “Networks” sub-menu, “Mobile Networks”. Some Android phones may have the option in other places.
After associating with the TCNJ-SETUP-WIRELESS network, most Android devices will automatically open a captive network assistant. This is a feature-limited web browser. It is not sophisticated enough to start the OnBoarding process. The OnBoarding process will not start unless you switch to a full-featured web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or the built-in Android web browser.
Open the web browser and navigate to a URL such as http://www.tcnj.edu. You will then be redirected to the OnBoarding splash page. If you are not redirected to the OnBoarding splash page, try using a private browsing session. Sometimes cached web pages will interfere with the process.
Android devices also require that an app be installed to facilitate the configuration. You have 2 choices on how to proceed.
- Use another WiFi network or your 3G/4G network to download the app called XpressConnect from CloudPath Networks Inc using the Google Play store or the Amazon Appstore.
** OR **
- Reconfigure your security setting on your Android device to allow the configuration wizard to download and install the XpressConnect (Cloudpath) app. See below.
Configuring Android Security Settings
These instructions are for the LG G6. Other Android devices may be different, but the concept is the same.
- Go to the Settings app and choose Security.
- Check the box next to Unknown sources to allow the configuration wizard to install the XpressConnect (Cloudpath) app.
- Now connect to the TCNJ-SETUP-WIRELESS network and proceed through the wizard.
- When prompted to install the XpressConnect (Cloudpath) app, select Direct Download and choose the Install button.
- The app will be downloaded. You may need to pull down the Android messages menu and choose the app to actually install it.
- Once installed, go back to the web browser and click the “After installing the XpressConnect app …” link to continue with the configuration.
- The remainder of the configuration should be straightforward.
- You can go back into your Settings > Security after configuration if you want to uncheck the box next to Unknown sources.
Remember to turn cellular data back on.